We are currently hiring for the following position:
YPN – Eastern Iowa Diaper Bank
TITLE: Diaper Bank Assistant
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Diaper Bank Assistant distributes diapers and wipes to YPN and partner participants twice weekly through the EIDB
REPORTS TO: EIDB Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Greet customers in a friendly manner
· Assist customers to access diapers and wipes
· Enter customer information and supply totals into the Diaper Bank spreadsheet
· Package and restock diapers, sort sizes by tote, etc.
· Manage general inventory of supplies
· Work with all We Care Shop/Diaper Bank volunteers in a friendly manner
· Accept and process Diaper Bank donations and exchanges as needed
Responsible Work Performance Expectations
· Able to work part time during designed shifts
o Mondays 12:30pm-5pm and Thursdays 12pm-5:30pm. Also assisting the last Wednesday of each month 2pm-5:30pm for Community Day.
· Strong computer skills, particularly with Excel/Google Sheets
· Completes timesheets in accurate and timely manner twice per month
· Provides professional written and verbal communications within the agency and community
· Practices preventative and safe work habits
· Observes all laws, safety mandates, agency expectations, and regulations
· Reports all injuries and incidents per agency & program protocol
· Complete required training: Onboarding, Policy and Procedure, Site/building logistics, Bloodborne Pathogens (Infectious Control), We Care Orientation, and quarterly in service opportunities
Support Agency/Program Mission & Values
· Interacts with youth, families, volunteers, agencies, donors, and all other visitors of YPN and the Diaper Bank in a respectful, inclusive, and strength-based manner
· Provides support to services in a culturally competent manner
· Proactively contributes to the professional development of self & team
· Follows and models the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards as outlined in the YPN Agency Handbook
· All other duties as assigned by agency needs
QUALIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED; valid Iowa Driver’s License, strong computer skills, data entry, people skills, lifting & hauling up to 50 pounds. Fluent bilingual language skills (Spanish and/or French) is a plus
PART TIME. EXEMPT STATUS (10 hours a week)
Please send resume and 3 references to Tasia. Priority given to applications received by Friday, March 3rd.
Ready to join us?
For more information about careers with YPN, please contact Meridith Myers.
Email Meridith to apply with your resume or call 319.364.8909