YPN – Eastern Iowa Diaper Bank
TITLE: Diaper Bank Staff
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Diaper Bank Staff is responsible to assist in the provision of designated Diaper Bank distribution day(s).
REPORTS TO: YPN We Care Shop Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Diaper Bank Staff:
- Greet customers with a friendly manner.
- Assist customers to access diapers and wipes.
- Enter customer information and totals into the Diaper Bank spreadsheet.
- Package and restock diapers, sort sizes by tote, etc.
- General Inventory management of stock with the use of a Google Sheets document
- Work with all We Care Shop/Diaper Bank Volunteers in a friendly manner.
- Accept and process Diaper Bank donations and exchanges as needed.
Responsible Work Performance Expectations
- Able to work part time during designed shifts (Including but not limited to diaper distribution times: Monday 12-5pm, Thursday 12:30-5:30pm)
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of employment paperwork (ex. timesheets)
- Provides professional written and verbal communications within the agency and community
- Practices preventative, safe work habits
- Observes all laws, safety mandates, agency expectations, and regulations
- Reports all injuries and incidents per agency & program protocol
- Training Provided: Onboarding, Policy and Procedure, Site/building logistics, Bloodborne Pathogens (Infectious Control), We Care Orientation, and quarterly in service opportunities
Support Agency/Program Mission & Values
- Interacts with youth, families, volunteers, agencies, donors, and all other visitors of YPN and the Diaper Bank in a respectful, strength-based manner
- Provides support to services in a culturally competent manner
- Proactively contributes to the professional development of self & team
- Follows and models the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards as outlined in the YPN Agency Handbook
- All other duties as assigned by agency needs
QUALIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED; valid Iowa Driver’s License, basic computer skills, data entry, people skills, lifting & hauling up to 50 pounds. Fluent bilingual language skills (Spanish and French) is a plus.
PART TIME. NON – EXEMPT STATUS
If interested in applying fro this position please email your resume to Meridith Myers.